The Julian Wagner Memorial Fund Inc (ABN 17 128 052 169) was established in 2016 for the charitable purpose of promoting or protecting human rights for the public benefit to perpetuate the memory of Julian David Wagner, barrister, musician and passionate supporter of humanitarian and social justice and opponent of the death penalty. Our major focus is on education, human rights and promoting or opposing changes to law, policies or practices, particularly, in order to promote world-wide abolition of the death penalty.
We will advance education, including by:
- Promoting education for the community as a whole about capital punishment; and
- Providing opportunities for Australians to volunteer in overseas capital defence offices.
We will advance human rights, including by:
- Providing effective representation and humanitarian aid to individuals facing the death penalty; and
- Promoting human rights generally.
We will promote or oppose changes to law, policy or practices, including by:
- Providing public policy advocacy opposing capital punishment; and
- Raising awareness of capital punishment; and
- Supporting ongoing and strategic anti-death penalty campaigns.
We will pursue other human rights issues as is appropriate as part of honouring Julian Wagner’s memory.
The Fund was incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981(Qld) on and from 21 October 2016.
It was registered by the The Australian Charities and Not – for Profits Commission on 20 December 2016.
Julian Wagner Memorial Fund Inc rules can be found here.